20110617

Sinomart.com Skirt Review


A few weeks ago, I purchased this skirt from Sinomart.com  as my first Lolita skirt ^.^

Here's the picture shown on the website..
Stock Photo from Sinomart
Since I was going to Animenext on June 11, I made sure that I ordered the skirt a month before. IT takes 10 days to process then another 7-14 days for shipping. I recieved my order a little over a week before the convention.
I ordered the skirt while their items had some percentage off (dont remember the exact..) and the whole price was about $45 i believe. The shipping was about $5. There was also a choice to put insurance on your item (in case it gets lost, damaged, etc..) for only one dollar -- of course I used it (:

I got it in a little cardboard box and was a little scared that they had gotten my order wrong, but upon opening it I saw that everything inside was not damaged at all! Everything was carefully wrapped and almost all the air was sucked out so that it would fit. 
my whole order (sorry for blurriness )



The Skirt


by doing this, you can see how circular it is.
I loved spinning around with it on~

I fell in love with it! It was really well made -- nothing was falling apart and no sign of damage.
It came with a bow sewn onto it, but i was easily able to snip the thread connecting it to the skirt without any damage to the skirt or the bow. You can't even tell it was on the skirt~
I used the bow and made it into a headband using an old headband, two small pieces of plastic (to keep it from flopping over), and hot glue.

I think the little white bow in the middle adds the finishing touch~
Here's a close-up on the lace detailing..

The first line of lacing is cute, but I think the second one seems a little out of place..



The Petti and The Socks


and this is where they start to lose points..

I was disappointed with both items honestly.
1. The petti was so thin, it did just about nothing for the skirt. As you can see, you can hardly tell the difference between the two pictures..

with the petti                                              without the petti
the background was blocked out to focus on the skirt
(plus my room was a little.. uh...)

2. OH THE SOCKS.. they couldn't even go past my calf! The lace was just sewn on -- no elastic. It was pretty useless..

the design was almost the same as the second lining of lace on the skirt

how do you not have an elastic on the sock?
-____-
I might be able to add more to the petti to make it more full, but with the time I had I layered skirts on underneath it to make it more full. The socks.. so disappointed ( ;w; ) but maybe I can do something with it later..



In Total= 8/10

Communication: 5/5
• They sent me two emails:
-one, to confirm my order,
-two, to confirm that my order had been processed and sent out.
• They also gave me a tracking number for my purchase in the second email. I never needed to contact them for further information.

Shipping: 5/5
• It came in after a little more than a week, definitely less than 14 days~
No damage to any of the items inside~

Products: 3.5/5
• The skirt was really well made, just a bit different than the stock photo. The laces chosen were different, as well as the way they were put onto the skirt
(stock photo: lace was put in a wave pattern
actual item: lace sewn straight across)
• The petticoat was way on the cheap side, but could easily be fixed up or used as a slip under any skirt.
• The socks needed an elastic! They might have been much better if I could've been able to put them on ( >.< )

Additional Comments:
I would definitely buy from them again, but I would buy something a bit more simple with less detail. This was my first time buying from them and this is only my opinion based on what I was given. I hope this review helped you deciding to buy from them~

Thanks for reading (^.~)

~This review is not sponsored. The cost(s) for the item(s) reviewed is/are paid for with my own money.~


1 comment:

  1. don't trust the website,it's scam,i have bad experience in ordering from the site. so i have to buy dress at another site: 58eveningdress.com .I ordered the dress from this site and going on a moon.The dress is really going-out. The material was top quality. The dress came in to my door and it is really perfect! Surely I will order through their website next time and everything was perfect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment!